Medical Professional Resources
ACHA resources for your patients and caregivers
You can help raise awareness of adult congenital heart disease and ACHA by sharing our materials with your patients or at your ACHD program or event. These include our ACHA brochures, fact sheets, Personal Health Passport, Travel Guide and Living with ACHD guides.
Professional members get a discount on all materials. Email email@example.com to learn more and to order.
If you are interested in learning more about the Directory, adding a clinic or obtaining the survey materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a critical resource for our patients, caregivers and providers.
Become an ACHA Medical Professional Member
By becoming an ACHA Medical Professional Member, you help support our organization and our community—and can take advantage of these special benefits.
- A welcome kit with a sample of key ACHA patient education materials, membership certificate and ACHA lapel pin.
- A 15% discount on bulk orders of ACHA’s patient education materials, including ACHA’s Travel Directory and Patient Health Passport. Email email@example.com to order.
- 100 complimentary About ACHA one-pagers annually (per ACHD clinic). Please note that 50 one-pagers will be sent for Cardiac Care Support members.
- Complimentary materials to promote ACHA events to patients (per ACHD clinic).
- Opportunity to promote CHD events at your institution to ACHA’s medical professional and/or patient/family membership.
- Access to online forums for medical professionals.
- Opportunity to promote medical studies to ACHA’s patient membership.
- Opportunity to share work on current research projects or published research findings.
- Access to ACHA’s ACHD medical professional job board.
- Quarterly medical professional virtual meeting to discuss trends in CHD care and network with your peers.
- Regular updates on ACHD/CHD professional issues, meeting and training opportunities.
- Access to ACHA events for medical professionals.
- ACHA’s regular Heart Happenings and #ACHALive event e-newsletters.
Grant Funding Opportunities
There are a number of federal agencies, foundations and professional organizations that fund research in CHD.
ACHA provides a list of these groups. It changes often and is not exhaustive. Check the list often, and work with your institution’s research administration office to find other opportunities or get more information.
National Institutes of Health, Office of Extramural Research
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA)
Grant Submission Schedule/Due Dates
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)
Department of Defense Peer Reviewed Medical Research Programs
Congenital Heart Disease Associations
Canadian Adult Congenital Heart Network (CACHNET)
International Society for Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ISACHD)
Northeast Pediatric Cardiology Nurses Association (NPCNA)
Society of Pediatric Cardiovascular Nurses (SPCN)
Alliance for Adult Research in Congenital Cardiology
Adult Congenital Cardiac Care Associate Research Network