Apply for the ACHA Actelion Fellowship Award
The Adult Congenital Heart Association is proud to announce the creation of the Actelion Fellowship Award. We thank Actelion for its support of this important initiative to train young clinicians committed to high quality ACHD clinical care and research and to develop new and emerging ACHD training programs.
- Two awards per year to institutions with a commitment to high quality adult congenital heart disease care. Priority will be given to ACHD programs that have been training ACHD fellows for less than five years
- One fellowship of $80,000 at each institution
- The awards are intended to support one year of a two-year fellowship program and can be used to support either the first or second year
- An emerging, but well developed ACHD program.
- Letters of support from the chiefs of Adult Cardiovascular Disease and Pediatric Cardiology programs, the ACGME committee, Internal Medicine and Pediatric department if applicable. Letters of support from the chiefs of MRI, ECHO, cardiac cath., and EP are also welcome.
- A dedicated ACHD program director with at least five years of attending experience.
- A commitment to adhering the American Board of Internal Medicine’s specified curriculum as outlined in the petition for subspecialty certification. This includes pulmonary hypertension training as described in the petition.
- A demonstrated commitment to developing a sustained ACHD training program.
If you are interested in more information, please email email@example.com.