Information and resources for medical professionals
Congenital heart disease requires lifelong medical management by a team of physicians and healthcare professionals.
Primary care physicians and cardiac specialists play key roles in assuring that these patients receive appropriate, high-level care for this complex group of conditions.
ACHA is an important resource for patients, their caregivers and the medical professionals who provide that care. As the only organization dedicated to adult congenital heart disease, we are committed to:
- Connecting patients and families to qualified physicians and treatment facilities.
- Providing physicians and patients with up-to-date information on the standard of care for adult congenital heart disease and advances being made in the field.
- Helping patients bridge the gap between pediatric and adult cardiac care.
- Defining and establishing standards for delivering high-quality care to adult patients.
- Providing information and support for the emotional, social and lifestyle challenges people and families with CHD face.
For the medical community, ACHA provides a range of programs and services. Our goal is to provide timely, usable resources for professionals serving the ACHD community. These include:
- Training Guidelines for physicians interested in providing care to adult CHD patients
- The Actelion Fellowship Program
- Opportunity to participate in the ACHD clinic directory
- The ACHA National Conference brings together the patient and clinical community and is a unique opportunity to share experiences and expertise.
- The ACHA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Accreditation Program for ACHD clinics
- Information on CHD-related conferences
- Information resources on key CHD issues and organizations
See what ACHA can do for you:
Curriculum recommendations for fellowship programs have been developed by the American College of Cardiology (ACC). They include training in clinical cardiology and in specialized areas of cardiovascular medicine as well.
Apply for the ACHA Actelion Fellowship Award
The Adult Congenital Heart Association is proud to announce the creation of the ACHA Actelion Fellowship Award. The fellowship will offer training awards to two institutions with a commitment to high-quality ACHD care.
Links to congenital heart disease conferences around the country this year. ACHA does not endorse or recommend any particular cardiovascular meeting, scientific session or conference.
Discover how ACHA can assist your organization, including participation in our Clinic Directory, ACHA Membership for Medical Professionals, and grant funding opportunities.
ACHA ACHD Accreditation Program
The Adult Congenital Heart Association in conjunction with leading ACHD providers across the country developed criteria for ACHD Accreditation.
Professional Member Resources
Welcome! This section of our website was created for ACHA's professional members only to allow access to our materials and resources specifically for health care professionals.
Clinic Directory Updates
The Adult Congenital Heart Association (ACHA) is in the process of collecting 2017 data to update the online ACHA/ISACHD ACHD Clinic Directory. All ACHD programs are invited to participate. To assure that the information about your ACHD program...