What Makes ACHA’s Research Program Different?
- We are cultivating a new generation of adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) experts. Our research grants provide reliable funding to ACHD investigators and trainee-initiated studies, which can produce the early data needed to design future large multi-center studies and subsequently guide and improve ACHD patient care.
- We embrace best practices with a peer-review model that highlights all perspective and drives our research forward collaboratively. During our research grant application review process, medical professionals, patients, and family members work in partnership to review and score research applications and make funding recommendations to ACHA Board Leadership.
- We are the only national patient advocacy organization dedicated exclusively to funding research that contributes to the depth and breadth of ACHD knowledge and improving comprehensive, lifelong care, especially focusing on issues such as psychosocial and neurocognitive challenges.
Click here to read more about our Research Program and previous grant recipients.
When you donate to ACHA’s Research Fund, your tax-deductible gift will help to advance research that may ultimately lead to better outcomes for patients living with congenital heart disease. As a key concept of our 2023-2025 Strategic Plan, we are dedicated to investing more funding to build on our commitment to unlock new discoveries for our patient population. Your support of ACHA’s Research Fund will build on our foundational growth.
ACHA Research Fund Donor Benefits
Starting at $500, donations made to ACHA’s Research Fund may be recognized in several ways, including:
- Recognition on ACHA's Research/Research Fund webpages
- Recognition in ACHA's Impact Report
- Recognition on public announcements related to application period and awards
- Opportunity to name an exclusive research award
You can make your donation online using the form below or by contacting our Development Department office at email@example.com to coordinate your gift by check, stock, retirement distribution, etc.
ACHA Research Fund Donors
- Anne Stapleton Reilly
- Brad's Heart of a Jayhawk Research Fund
- Dale Amorosia Heart Fund
- Diana J. Kalman
- Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
- Jim Wong Memorial Fund
- Joseph E. Hebert
- Laurie Rae Graham Bennett
- Meil Family Foundation
- Robby Klaber Research Fund
- Susan Timmins
- Ted and Donna Wagner