Help us ensure that ACHA’s programs continue to be supportive and representative of all impacted by CHD by applying to join ACHA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee.
The DEI committee works with staff to develop, implement and analyze initiatives, such as:
- Increasing understanding of the barriers to specialized care in disadvantaged communities.
- Providing resources to patients and families to empower them to play an active role in their care.
- Promoting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness within ACHA and its programs.
- Recognizing and highlighting diverse patients and ACHD providers through our communications channels.
- Piloting local, grassroots marketing campaigns to promote “stay in care” and promoting local ACHD educational events.
- Increasing our understanding of the demographic makeup of ACHA’s patients and professional membership.
The committee consists of a dedicated and fun group of patients, supporters, and physicians. Meetings occur six times during the course of the year with limited small group meetings
If you would like to join the DEI Committee and ACHA in our commitment to improving health outcomes and access to care for all adults living with CHD, then please email Volunteer Manager Julio Araujo (email@example.com) with the following information: your name, state you live and the answer to the following three questions:
- Why is it that you want to join the DEI Committee?
- Tell us about yourself.
- Are there any particular DEI concern(s) in the CHD community or in your community you think that ACHA should address? And how could you assist ACHA in doing so?
Please send all emails by May 5, 2023.