ACHA Actelion Fellowship Award
The Adult Congenital Heart Association is proud to announce the creation of the ACHA Actelion Fellowship Award.
The fellowship will offer training awards to two institutions with a commitment to high-quality adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) care. These awards will fund one fellowship at each institution with a requirement of ACHD leadership and mentoring throughout the award period.
Funding priority will be given to new and emerging ACHD training programs (those training ACHD fellows for fewer than five years).
To be eligible for this program, applicants must have the following components:
- A well-developed ACHD Program.
- Letters of support from the Chiefs of Adult Cardiovascular Diseases and Pediatric Cardiology programs, plus ACGME Committee, Internal Medicine and Pediatric Departments if applicable. Other additional departments include: MRI, ECHO, Cath, EP.
- A dedicated ACHD program director with at least five years of attendingship.
- Commitment to funding year 2 of ACHD training program and confirmation from payee, as the Adult Congenital Heart Association funds year 1 only.
- Commitment to following specified curriculum as outlined in the submitted American Board of Internal Medicine petition for subspecialty certification. This includes pulmonary arterial hypertension training as described in the petition.
- Commitment to develop a sustained ACHD training program.
If you are interested in more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.