Applying: Are You Ready?
Apply online, by telephone, or in-person:
- Include all diagnoses that you have. If your condition is included in the Compassionate Allowances Listings (CAL), use a diagnosis that is recognized by the SSA.
- Write down how your daily life and your ability to work are affected.
- Don’t exaggerate, but don’t understate.
- Include copies of all of your medical records and a summary letter from your doctor when you submit your application.
- Double check before hitting "submit” or turning application in.
- Ask for a copy of what is submitted if you apply in-person on by telephone.