Signing Up for Insurance
What’s next? How do I sign up?
Open enrollment begins October 1, 2013, and ends March 31, 2014. Are you ready?
You can register and submit your application in one of three ways:
- Online at www.healthcare.gov.
- By mail. A paper application will be available.
- By telephone – call 1-800-318-2596, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325. Online chat is also available 24/7 at the right lower corner of each webpage at www.healthcare.gov.
- In person
Being prepared will make the process easier. Here’s what you need to apply:
- Your Social Security Number
- Employer and income information from your W-2 form, current pay stubs or your tax return
- The policy number of any current insurance
- A completed Employer Coverage Tool, which will be found in the Marketplace
You’ll also want to know your budget, your healthcare needs, and how coverage works.
- Write down your questions.
- Stay informed. There are people available to help you at www.healthcare.gov.
After you complete your application and your information is verified, your will be notified if you are eligible for a Plan and if you are eligible for a tax credit and/or a cost sharing reduction. You can then enroll in the health plan that is right for you and meets your personal healthcare needs.