The Adult Congenital Heart Association (ACHA) is looking for its next generation of leaders to fill critical positions on our national Board of Directors, the elected group of volunteers who support the work of ACHA and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. The Nominating Committee needs your help in identifying candidates for the Board!
Time to Get Involved
The Nominating Committee has identified the following as high-priority goals for 2014 recruitment:
Professional/formal expertise in the following areas:
- Experience on a governance nonprofit board
- Legislative/public policy expertise
- Fundraising/Development expertise
- Legal expertise (attorney/paralegal)
- Finance and Investments
- Media relations, marketing and advertising
Our board should reflect the range of all of the clients we serve:
- Diversity (As an organization whose mission is to serve the whole CHD community, we strive for a Board that is representative of the full diversity of that community.)
- Adults with CHD
- Family members of adults with CHD
- Professionals involved in the adult CHD community
Every board member elected should possess:
- Passion for the ACHA mission
- Willingness to dedicate time to the organization
- Understanding and ability to be a consensus builder
- Commitment to engaging those in their community
For more information about roles and responsibilities for members of the Board of Directors, click here.
Make an Impact
You may have a personal relationship with an individual who would be ideal for our Board. If you or someone you know can help influence the future of ACHA, please take the time to nominate yourself or the individual by contacting Denise Garvy, Chair of the Nominating Committee, at BoardSearch@achaheart.org by June 27, 2014.